[Testing] Build 478 - RC1

Kim Quirk kim.quirk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:52:30 EDT 2007

Test group,

Build 478 is our Release Candidate 1. The network problem has been fixed at
least enough to allow you to connect to an infrastructure AP (I was able to
connect from home). I couldn't test out the mesh from here.

You can open activities, you can see them in the journal. When someone does
some testing with the mesh, they can add some notes to the Testing Release
Notes page. Please see this page for the change log since 472 (I
consolidated a couple of change logs) and add notes if you would like:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes

Also, people should add bugs to the Trac system. There is enough working in
this build, that the next issues may not get immediate attention and it will
be good to start tracking them more formally.

Here is a link to the location of the build:
http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/build478/devel_jffs2/

And you should be running q2c18 firmware:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware
(right now this only points to q2c17.rom.... Mitch - are you the one who
updates this page? Or do we have a better link for people to get to
q2c18.rom?)

(Actually, it would be good for these release candidates if we could get the
autoreinstallation... John, do you know who is the one that can make that
happen?)

Notes for upgrading without autoreinstall:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Upgrading_the_firmware#Manual_upgrade

Regards,
Kim