[Testing] Security Meeting Minutes, 8/28/07

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Tue Aug 28 23:32:24 EDT 2007

Bryan.Ma at quantatw.com wrote:

> What will happen if we set the WP tag on the older machine?

Right now, if you set the WP tag, nothing at all will happen.  The
firmware does not look at the WP tag yet.

> What stage unit (e.g. B3, B2...) is not recommended to do that ?

I think the plan is that, for older machines, we will only set the WP
tag for development testing.  Eventually we will stop supporting the
older machines, and there are only a limited number of them in the
world, so security is not important for them.