[Testing] Test Group meeting minutes, 8/6/07

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Aug 6 16:18:51 EDT 2007

Test Group meeting minutes, 8/6/07

Attending: Zack, Chris Blizzard, Ed Russeau, Ben Levenson, Cameron, Jim

Welcome to Ben, from Redhat. He will be joining the test team over time.

Here is a list of interesting links for testers/QA:

   - Test Issues <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_issues> - this link is
   the top level wiki page for other test-related links. You can get to test
   plans, some results (although we'd like to move plans and results to
   Testopia), Requirements, Release Criteria, Test group meeting minutes, and
   Test Group Release Notes
   - Test Group Release
Notes<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes>- The first
person to download a new release should comment on this releases
   ability to pass the basic smoke test and major issues found. All bugs should
   be reported in Trac, but this gives others a high level summary of whether
   or not they want to upgrade to this release. It has been very helpful for
   both the test and development community.
   - Trac <https://dev.laptop.org/> - Bug tracker; please sign up!
   - Roadmap <https://dev.laptop.org/roadmap> - you get to this from the
   front page of Trac. I try to keep this up to date with the major features
   and timeline for each release.
   - Requirements <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Requirements> - This is the
   page of user-defined requirements (very high level). Developers can use this
   when designing a feature; testers can use it when creating test plans;
   Documentation can use it for manuals or wiki pages on how things work.
   - NAND images<http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/>
   - Firmware <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware>

   - We released trial-2, Alpha level code, to quanta for manufacturing
   C-build. We are now looking at Trial-3 code, which will include a new
   wireless firmware release, kernel changes to support that, and other fixes.
   - We discussed trial-3 and the major features that we need. We want to
   minimize the number of new features and try to keep a stable base for the
   entire month of August until we get to September release. Not sure how easy
   this will be. See the Roadmap <https://dev.laptop.org/roadmap> for
   more details.
   - Trial-3 release criteria should include no blockers and no
   regressions from trial-2. We should also increase the smoke test that is at
   the top of the Test Group Release Notes page. (Zack or Cameron, please feel
   free to put some more tests on the smoke test).
   - Kim needs to ask Quanta about EC code changes due to new EC comm
   protocol.
   - Activation with real crypto should be highlighted in trial-3; needs
   requirements/use cases. How to reset a laptop to its mfg state? Do you need
   the activation code for this?

Both Zack and I will be out next Monday, so we will not have a meeting next
week. Please don't hesitate to send out email to the testing group related
to what builds to test and/or features or bugs that need to be tested. We
should get some good Trial-3 builds this week.

- kim