[sugar] Releasing with a single command

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:02:24 EDT 2008

Hello,

I wrote an helper script to do release of modules using auto* or
bundlebuilder. It's in the sugar-tools git repository:

git://dev.laptop.org/users/marco/sugar-tools

Just run the "release" script inside your module directory and it should:

* Bump version, tag and push to git. (You can use --version if you
need more than a simple increment).
* Build a source tarball and upload it on dev.laptop.org.
* Generate a release announcement, let you edit it and then send it to the list.

It's not fully tested because... I have not yet had a chance to make a
release with it. I will test it in a few days for 0.83.0, but if you
try it out before please  let me know about any issues you find!

Marco