[sugar] Viewing PDFs from Browse

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:40:34 EDT 2008

Hey, this looks pretty cool, actually.  One powerful addition which I
think is necessary in order to adopt this is the addition of a Keep
button in that toolbar, by which one *could* download the pdf for
offline reading later if wanted.

In a similar vein, would it be possible to create a supplemental
toolbar like this for other media types which browse specifically
supports?  I could see having a similar UI for images, and a perhaps
for audio and video, too.  The ability to view various formats
directly, yet also have a one-click means to download the file, sounds
promising.

- Eben

PS.  While I agree this is a nice thing to support in Browse, we'll
need to make this change very clear, as teachers and kids are familiar
with the current behavior which automatically downloads any .pdf
clicked on.  We wouldn't want to confuse them when it doesn't appear
in their Journal directly.