[sugar] Sugar on Ubuntu Intrepid broken

Luke Faraone luke at laptop.org
Thu Nov 27 14:04:52 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 13:52, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Erik Blankinship <erikb at mediamods.com>
> wrote:
> > Perhaps address how Activity authors might need to handle / work
> > around the different distro specifics on one page, unless the goal is
> > to have different activity releases per distro.
>
> We think that most of the distro specifics are packaging problems,
> specifically missing or incorrect dependencies. So they should be
> reported to the distro concerned, except when, on investigation, some
> deeper error surfaces. In this case, we have at least two dependency
> problems.
>
> o sugar.py or something like that didn't get installed

Sugar-on-ubuntu (fresh intrepid install) works for Morgan and myself, as
well as various other testers, so the problem is most likely one of local
configuration.

Please try the following:
# sudo apt-get purge sugar sugar-\*
# sudo apt-get install sugar sugar-activities sugar-emulator

o sugar-datastore should have been removed automatically, and
> python-olpc-datastore installed.

You've worked around that one, and it's been reported.

-lf