[sugar] Sugar on Ubuntu Intrepid broken

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 19:06:17 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 17:07, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> mokurai at mokurai-laptop:~$ sugar-emulator
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/usr/bin/sugar-emulator", line 22, in <module>
>>    from emulator import main
>>  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/emulator.py", line 31, in <module>
>>    from sugar import env
>> ImportError: No module named sugar
>
> Edward, this is not a Sugar problem, please ask about it on the sugar-ubuntu
> mailing list.

We need a Wiki page with a detailed statement of which bugs and
support questions go on which lists. I think that the current setup
works fine for the developers working in each of the projects
involved, but is hopeless for others, especially newcomers.

> In any case, how did you install sugar, exactly? It works fine for me on a
> fresh intrepid install.

I had Sugar installed, and I upgraded to Intrepid. There was one
dependency error that required me to do a manual package installation,
replacing sugar-datastore with python-olpc-datastore, IIRC.

> Please provide more details.
>
> -lf

And Children are my nation.