[sugar] Fwd: Roadmap update

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:20:18 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Riccardo Lucchese <
riccardo.lucchese at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is `zero olpc contractors working full time on Sugar' ?

Sorry about the lack of clarity, I somehow assumed everyone knew about this
already. I'm basically just reporting what has been said during the OLPC
roadmap talk at Sugarcamp. OLPC, and hence all it's employees and
contractors, are going to focus on the following areas:

"Rebasing on F10, power management, localization/translation,
activation/lease/signing/management, Linux application support"

As you can see there is no real Sugar work there.

Now, that does *not* mean OLPC is ditching Sugar. As far as I know it will
continue to be shipped as default/main product in all the deployments.

Marco