[sugar] Another Thanks!

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at bolinux.org
Sat Nov 22 16:44:00 EST 2008

For me this was the first time in my life that I was in the same room
with a group this large of developers and assorted geeks.  In many ways
it felt like a very new experience, very humbling, but also empowering,
because while it was clear a lot of people was ages ahead of me, there
was a sense of acceptance and generous support that I am most grateful for.
Add to that actually visiting 1CC, and even the OLE headquarters, be
where things get done, or at least dreamed about big time. Too bad the
visit to MIT Media Lab will have to wait for another time, Walter!

Following Marco, this was *interesting*, really captivating and waking
up a lot of understanding and skill I have had by necessity left
dormant, even exchanging a few words in Italian, a language I had never
before used with an actual Italian person...

I feel I have learned technical things.  I hope I will learn to be less
loud.  More than anything, I have learned first hand about the warm
devotion that quite a few people do share for the project, and this
gives a lot of hope that we are moving forward, as we were also able to
discuss how we can be more effective, fix what needs fixing, live with
what cannot.

¡Gracias!

Bless you all,

from Austin