[sugar] Stock items in Sugar

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:00:12 EST 2008

Hello,
To properly support BIDI, and to make things easier for activity
developers in the long run, I think it may be a good idea to support
stock items in Sugar. We should ideally support the standard GTK
stock-items as well as a few Sugar specific ones in
sugar.graphics.icon.Icon and sugar.graphics.icon.CanvasIcon to begin
with. Are there any other specific widgets which should support this ?

Once pixbuf support is in Icon and CanvasIcon, it looks like
gtk.widget.render_icon() would help us implement the rest of the
puzzle (I have some proof of concept code in my system, which seems to
work). Does this sound like the right way, or is there anything better
?

Also, what would be the best way forward to register new stock-icons
as Sugar starts up ? GTK seems to do it via GtkIconFactory and
friends. If we do that, what would be the entry point for us to
register the stock-items ?

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--