[sugar] Reducing activity sharing boilderplate code

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:45:06 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subclassing makes sense to me (though I'm "just a designer", so don't
> give me too much weight.)  It seems that we could create a
> CollaborativeActivity subclass, and perhaps even subclass that if
> there are several common "types" of collaboration with different
> setups.  The easier it is for someone to get started with a
> collaborative code base, the better, in my opinion.

One of the 0.84 goals for Activity is to reduce the amount of code we
import and run when the activity doesn't use all the class
functionalities. Also we want modules to be imported more lazily. I'm
sorry that I don't have a clear direction to point you to yet, I need
to think about it more carefully, I just started measuring this week.
But I thought it was worth to point this out...

Marco