[sugar] Hippocanvas error :(

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun May 25 06:04:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> Talking with Joel, looks like hippo-canvas only builds the python
> bindings if the prerequisites are already installed. If not, silently
> omits them.
>
> I added python-cairo-dev to the ubuntu dependencies, but perhaps the
> python bindings should be built incondicionaly?

Yeah probably it would be better if it required to turn them off
explicitly (though it would get very annoying if we had more bindings
in it). Ideally the python bindings would be a separate module.

I think Waqas problem is different though. hippo.so is actually built
for him, but for whatever reason his python doesn't load it (despite
sys.path being correct).

Marco