[sugar] 8.1.1 bugfix release and sugar

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue May 20 06:41:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to work on rpms for sugar based on the ones in 703 but whith
> the following changes:
>
> - Emit palette popup only after the window is mapped. This fixes
> ticket #3486. (Benjamin Berg)
>
> - Fix #3611 and parts of #4084 by setting the palette to be a
> transient window of the actiity. (Benjamin Berg)
>
> - In spread layout always get width/height request to not confuse
> hippo. Eventually we will have to deal with size changes in a better
> way. Fix flakes count in SnowflakeLayout. Fix #5904 (Marco Pesenti
> Gritti)

As the reporter of #5904 I think it would be awesome to get the fix
into 8.1.1. This problem was exposed by a fix in PS which made buddies
cluster around the activities more reliably. The bug is that now
instead of being moved to the shared activity cluster, a buddy who
joins a shared activity vanishes from mesh view completely.

Morgan