[sugar] Pippy VS Develop

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:40:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> to solve.  I don't view the two activities as competitive:
>
>   * Pippy:    Introductory Python tutor
>   * Develop:  Activity creation IDE

Agreed.  I think they serve different audiences/purposes.  The only
reason this could become confused is because Pippy grew the ability to
export activity bundles, albeit somewhat limited ones.

Regarding view source, I don't think anyone has nailed down the proper
implementation yet. However, I certainly feel that the "lowest level"
of the view source key ultimately should be to open the appropriate
activity bundle within Develop.  I'm hoping for something like a modal
alert which the activity can use some API to cater to its needs, and
which provides a way for the user to view/edit relevant code in other
activities (via some URI handling system which Rainbow could provide
for opening content).  Opening the bundle in develop would /always/ be
an option, but it might be possible to open the HTML/CSS/JS for a
webpage in a mini-dreamweaver, or even in Write for that matter.

- Eben