[sugar] Better AP and school server icons in neighborhood view

Eduardo H Silva hoboprimate at gmail.com
Thu May 15 21:30:06 EDT 2008

At http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Priorities-2008 it says:

"MOMA animation is good to show how to get started -- specifically
connecting to wifi (G1G1). The way access points are displayed doesn't
give kids enough of a clue about the consequences of clicking on it --
not obvious whether it helps you get on the network, for instance."

so I wondered if there could be a better design to represent both
random APs and school servers. I took a very rough stab at it:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:School_server_and_ap.png

The antenna is to symbolize network connectivity, and the school
server icon is shaped as a house/building. What do you think of the
idea, and/or do you agree that it's a good idea to make them symbolic
than circles?

Eduardo