[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed May 14 15:24:35 EDT 2008

> >  >  Is the solution currently in joyride satisfactory for the August release?
> >
> >  Personally I think it's OK. It won't hurt to try to do better if we
> >  have time obviously...
>
> Let me clarify. I think activities launch is OK. Stuff like frame
> responsiveness and activity switch should be improved.

There are a handful of rainbow bugs that need to be fixed before we
should actually ship the thing (specifically #6989), but I'm not aware
of other major risks there. I still don't really have enough information
about whether the incompatibilities in spool format that I mentioned
before warrant bumping the spool-format version identifier from 1->2
(which would require a minor change to the DS).

Michael