[sugar] Help building and running sugar

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:15:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Morgan Collett
> <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  The package is python-numpy, but Feisty is ubuntu 7.04.
>>
>>  I copied the ubuntu-7.10 sysdeps to ubuntu-7.04 and pushed in git.
>
> Forgive my Ubuntu ignorance, what's the relation between 7.10 and
> 7.04? Are they two different stable cycles? Just wondering if we can
> assume the required packages are the same on both...

7.04 was the release in 2007/04, so is a previous release. Releases
are generally supported for 18 months (except for Long Term Support
releases which are supported 3 years on the desktop and 5 years on the
server) and are done every 6 months.

So 6.10 is no longer supported, but 7.04 is. There weren't
world-changing differences, so the sysdeps should basically be the
same.

(If not, we'll find out soon enough...)

Morgan