[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed May 14 05:56:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  have some doubts about http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Priorities-2008
>
>     * More responsive UI - faster launch of activities
>
>  Is the solution currently in joyride satisfactory for the August release?

Personally I think it's OK. It won't hurt to try to do better if we
have time obviously...

>     * More notifications?
>
>  How can we know which areas in the UI are in most need of more feedback?

Eben posted about this on the internal mailing list. I think we should
turn his suggestions into tickets.

Trying to get some user feedback would also be useful, even just by
the developers community.

>     * New Sugar UI? Should continue with some specific goals on how to
>  roll out the new features so it won't be difficult for people. Wad
>  brought up the issue that Peru has already started printing a manual
>  based on the old UI.
>
>  How can I help regarding this?

No idea in regards to the manual. What we certainly can/should do is
to finish up the redesign. Eben had a list of regressions, but he is
lazy and didn't post tickets for them yet... Designers.... :P

>     * Groups, models for groups (Peru, Hernan)
>
>  Is this groups in Sugar? Do we have some kind of requirements?

I think this refers to collaboration group. With collaboration still
so unstable (and lack of clarity about future architecture) I don't
personally think it's wise to push down on this.

>     * Sugar on other distro (mgmt)
>
>  On which other distro? Which are the requirements? What means "(mgmt)"?

Management I think.

Marco