[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed May 14 05:48:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

have some doubts about http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Priorities-2008

    * More responsive UI - faster launch of activities

Is the solution currently in joyride satisfactory for the August release?

    * More notifications?

How can we know which areas in the UI are in most need of more feedback?

    * New Sugar UI? Should continue with some specific goals on how to
roll out the new features so it won't be difficult for people. Wad
brought up the issue that Peru has already started printing a manual
based on the old UI.

How can I help regarding this?

    * May help push the bug patch release in order to get some of
these other features out without requiring a new UI.

Can you please expand on this? Which new features can be offered
without the new UI?

    * Datastore upgrade

Which are the requirements for the DataStore in the August release?

    * Groups, models for groups (Peru, Hernan)

Is this groups in Sugar? Do we have some kind of requirements?

    * Sugar on other distro (mgmt)

On which other distro? Which are the requirements? What means "(mgmt)"?

Thanks,

Tomeu