[sugar] 65-node simple mesh test (and counting... ;-)

Robert Withrow witr at rwwa.com
Fri May 9 22:40:38 EDT 2008

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos wrote:
> wiring up more than 60 XOs onto a switch requires equipment,
> time and space that OLPC cannot presently provide. Such a testbed though
> is absolutely necessary not only as a proof of concept for your
> suggestion, but also for doing large scale mesh network testing in general.

As you may know, but for the others also: Nortel is working to set up a
100 node test network of this nature (each node wired through switches
with some test director automation) in a RF clean environment in a Lab
in Ottawa and Marcus is one of the folks doing that.  We hope it will
help produce some useful results for scaling up the mesh networking.

We'll keep the group updated as this project proceeds.

--
Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott, MA, USA