[sugar] Random observations with joyride-2225 and latest activities

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jul 29 10:29:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 09:32 +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> a) Record: using v56 the activity starts up fine, the display shows
> whatever the camera is capturing, I can go into fullscreen-mode,
> switch to different tabs, etc. However once I press the
> "capture"-button the whole thing basically freezes, sometimes I was
> still able to move the mouse but clicking wouldn't have any impact, at
> other times Sugar completely froze and I had to do a hard reset of the
> XO.

Capture in which mode? Please file a ticket, also I'd be interested to
see this in person if you're coming back to 1cc this week. I've seen
Record running on a number of laptops and haven't heard of this.

> c) Read: This activity is only useful if started by clicking on a file
> with a mime-type that's associated to read. However it still shows up
> in the list view of the home-view even though you actually can't do
> anything with it once you start it. The activity.info file has the
> "show_launcher" property to define that behavior, not sure whether in
> this case it's simply set wrongly in the read .info or whether the
> list-view presently ignores this attribute.
> Another odd issue is that when you open read from the list / favorites
> view and you then want to close it you're presented with a "keep
> error" message which seems quite useless considering the fact that no
> activity / file was actually resumed. Again, not sure whether that's
> an issue with read or the underlying Journal structure.

Sounds worthy of a ticket if there isn't one already.

> d) Brightness adjustment: up to 708 and most earlier joyrides that I
> have used in the past weeks allowed you to immediatly turn of the
> backlight by pressing ctrl + reduce brightness button. With
> joyride-2225 this doesn't work anymore.

Sounds worthy of a ticket if there isn't one already.

You should keyword them all 8.2.0:?

Daniel