[sugar] Low space UI

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:46:03 EDT 2008

Hello,

we have a few UI blockers assigned for the low space issues.

Sugar should provide messages indicating when NAND is "getting full"
and "critically full"
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7588

Journal writes which fail due to insufficient space should provide
useful feedback.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7589

Removing content from Journal should work even if NAND is full.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7590

And then there is the one about making Sugar work even with full disk,
which Erik is trying to address outside Sugar.

There was no clear consensus in the meeting about solving the issue is
a whole, so we don't know if we should be actually considering them
blockers (and get them done ASAP) or not. The first two will require
to break the string freeze once again.

Greg, Michael, can you please clarify?

Thanks,
Marco