[sugar] Trac workflow

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 19:54:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

I noticed several inconsistencies in the way we deal with tickets,
which makes working with trac harder than it should be. Here is an
attempt to describe the workflow from the Sugar point of view:

1 Developer looks for the first time at a ticket. If the problem is
obvious, switch action to code, otherwise to diagnose.
2 Developer diagnose the problem, describe it and switch action to code.
3 Developer writes a patch, submit it for review per
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/CodeReview, switch action
to review.
5 Reviewer gives r+, action is still review.
6 Developer check in the patch in git and switch action to "add to build".
7 Module maintainer releases a new version or build a snapshot and
switches all the fixed tickets to "test in build".
8 Developer tests in build and switch action to "finalize".

Can you think of any problem with this? (I'm sure there are side
cases, I'm just trying to address the common case here).

Marco