[sugar] Display warnings in sugar

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:55:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net>
wrote:

> Hi Emiliano,
>
> we have this right now: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Frame#03 So
> in the 8.2.0 release you can trust to have an indication of how much
> space is available.
>
> About having a notification to popup when space runs low, you should
> enter a enhancement request in trac. Perhaps too late to get in 8.2.0
> but could be in a later release for sure.

Right, we absolutely need this.  Hopefully in the future this will improve
when we have robust backup/restore integrated with the Journal, so that old
and unused Journal entries can "fall off" the machine over time and keep
space free.  We'll still need the alert, of course; the notification system
just wasn't quite ready in time for 8.2.0.  A ticket would be appreciated
(assign to interface-design for now).  Thanks!

- Eben