[sugar] Display warnings in sugar

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Jul 17 05:21:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:27 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2008/7/16 Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com>:
>> Two answers:
>> similar issues.  This is going to be handled by the notification system,
>> which is in its infancy in the upcoming 8.2 release, but should mature and
>
> I hope our alert system will use the freedesktop.org standard:
>  http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/index.php
> It is widely used in Gnome, and when I last reviewed it seems to be a
> solid and capable spec.
>
> I believe that was the plan of record in previous conversations; I
> hope I'm not mistaken.

What we have implemented now is some basic notifications generated and
consumed in the shell, so we haven't added any public API for now.

The interfaces in that spec look quite good, although perhaps would
benefit from a simpler, alternative API that also abstracts the D-Bus
stuff. Perhaps rainbow should do some rate limiting or permissions
checking, not sure.

Thanks for the comment,

Tomeu