[sugar] Localization team

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jul 13 12:42:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 12:18 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Any reason we don't have a localization team in the wiki? Any
> volunteer to set it up?
> Translations should really be handled upstream, so it's an area where
> SugarLabs have to be very active.

Currently, Sayamindu Dasgupta is putting together an outstanding group
of localizers at OLPC.

We have enough work for our limited personal fixing what is broken
without messing around with the bits that work;)

Eventually, when organization outside of OPLC start localizing,
Sayamindu might want to consider moving his project upstream.  The
turning point will  likely be when Ubuntu starts shipping Sugar as a
first class desktop.  When that happens our localizers will double
overnight.

I'll set up a team, but point translators to Sayamindu.  Sound
reasonable?

thanks
Dfarning