[sugar] disabling suspend

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 8 16:06:15 EDT 2008

Hey all,

I spent the past 15 minutes digging through the wiki and devel threads
from the past 3 months and I couldn't find out how to stop an XO from
suspending except for the manual "touch /etc/ohm/inhibit-idle-suspend"
that Chris told me about the other day.

Could someone please explain the necessary D-BUS command so it can be
added to appropriate places (e.g. w.l.o, Activity Handbook, Sugar
Almanac) where people can find the information?

This is really a feature that should be added to the Sugar Control Panel
but since that's not going to be initially available for G1G1 2008 users
I would suggest that we at least come up with an activity that allows
people (*cough* "donors" *cough*) to easily enable / disable the suspend
mode when needed (e.g. watching movies with mplayer on airplanes).

By the way, regardless of the endless BS "reply to" discussion last week
I would prefer it if people actually CC'ed me on any replies.

Thanks,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer