[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:58:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:37 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> a) SSL overhead being "impractical"?  Come on.  You can use SSL on the
> browser today; there is no perceptible speed difference.  I agree that
> client certs may be impractical, but it won't be because the XO can't
> handle the computation.

Scott - please! We need to raise the level of discussion here.

SSL overhead on the *network* and on the XS cpu, though Carol rightly
points out we don't need to carry that in all the traffic. There is a
_ton_ of work on the PKI side, and she's volunteered to work on that
though :-)

> The real question to me is whether there are size

The REAL question here is how do we stop this list being armchair
quaterbacking, and start fostering coding work. This thread is a bad
bad start. Someone has done a TON of work on Browse, and here is a ton
of people ready to throw it out hte window based on opinions. That is
*stupid*. Consider replacing it when someone comes up with *working
code*.

Wake me up when someone has working code - the rest is *noise*.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions