[sugar] Home View appearance

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Jul 7 23:45:42 EDT 2008

> There is certainly not consensus regarding the merits of the
> "free-form" Home View, but it is being accepted upstream, AFAIK.

Sorry,  but I couldn't resist :

The principal merit I see in the "free-form" Home View is that it
makes the screen look more like what is familiar (reassuring) to a
Windows user.

Last time I tried a relatively recent Joyride, the non-list Home
View gave me a choice of whether I wanted to see "free-form" or
"ring".  As long as upstream continues to give me that choice of
optionally selecting "ring view", I don't care what else is decided.

mikus