[sugar] how does an activity connect to the journal?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 28 11:40:04 EST 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 17:17 , Paul Fox wrote:
> i forgot to mention -- i'm also a non-Dbus guy.  :-)

Well, it was new to me too when I started with Sugar ;)

There's some info at

	http://dbus.freedesktop.org/

> how do activate/passivate (nice word :-), screenshots, invitations,
> fit into the lifetime-of-an-activity view of things?

Okay, I added a bit more of an explanation to the DBus Methods
section. But really, the API doc page assumes you are familiar with
the user's point of view - that is, you have tried sharing some
activities etc. so you know what the basic model is.

> is there a way to view the contents of
> ~/.sugar/default/logs outside of the terminal?

There's the Log Viewer activity.

- Bert -