[sugar] Dropped jhbuild support for Fedora 8 and Ubuntu 7.10

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Dec 15 04:51:21 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:41, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Reinier Heeres <reinier at heeres.eu> wrote:
>> Marco,
>>
>> Support for Ubuntu 8.04 also seems to have been dropped (in
>> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=sugar-jhbuild;a=commitdiff;h=9cc90cdeaf8670a00dd2a3999239a7c0abf2ed24).
>>
>> Is this necessary due to unavailable packages or something?
>
> Yeah, unfortunately it's necessary because of some depencies, ccing
> Tomeu which made those changes and can better explain.

My take on this is that the GNOME platform (including fd.o) is moving
rather quickly now to better serve projects like Sugar and if we don't
get to use the latest versions we are left stuck without many goodies.

Perhaps we could go back to build gtk, pygtk, etc inside jhbuild as we
used to do a year ago? Should be pretty easy for someone like Reinier
to restore and maintain support for Ubuntu Hardy, I think.

Regards,

Tomeu