[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:18:49 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
>> It's reasonably likely that the XS will be an OpenID IDP (noting all
>> the serious caveats around OpenID that make it a phishing-magnet), but
>> _first_ the laptop needs to identify itself to the xS.
>
> Ok yes I did misunderstand the original problem, sorry.
> Please let me be of all assistance I can in integrating OpenID on the
> XS or trying out stuff here in Peru. This is an important part of our
> strategy down here.

Ah, that'd be great. The identity mgmt on the XS is handled by Moodle.
There's an unofficial OpenID _client_ plugin for it, but we need a
_server_ (IDP) plugin. Moodle is PHP and there are PHP libs and I
suspect there may be sample implementations.

I know the moodle API for authentication plugins very well, maybe we
can work together on this.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions