[sugar] Sugar Labs introduction

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Wed Dec 3 10:32:53 EST 2008

(...)
>  a Constitution and a Social Contract (our equivalent: Governance
> and Principles).
>
> So we should now agree on Principles and Goals.
> Those are pretty clear in http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs

In this spirit I'd like to propose to move most of [[Sugar_Labs]] to
[[Principles]] or even [[Social Contract]].

It would contain:
 * Principles + Values (Educational first, +community/social,
+technological)
 * Goals
 * Strongly suggested: Strategies (this part could vary quite a bit for
local labs for instance - its the part we discuss open organizations and
decentralized governance - it should also be where we set some conduct
guidelines or even point to a code of conduct, like ubuntu does).

I would also suggest this document should be ratified by the oversight
board each time it is modified, since it is as important (or even more!
than the governance document).

I'm writing precisely such documents for FuenteLibre and my model is
pretty much the same. I'll share in a bit, must finish it.

Sebastian