[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue Dec 2 18:35:08 EST 2008

Heh, so it ends up I did have an interesting unintended proposal to make.

Then, if it  was to use OpenID, it would be in a novel way. Still it
does make perfect sense. See:

1.- The user requests access.
2.- The server checks with his laptop.
3.- The laptop confirms the user is requesting from it.
4.- The server considers the user identified.

This looks like bending the scope of OpenID but in reality it is not.
It was intended all along that Identity Providers can be pretty much
anything or validate against anything (not just user/pass but also
say, biometrics).

To implement this would be much more standard and much less
*"magical"* than underground ;-) ssh tunneling voodoo. Its even sort
of intuitive.

Now it really becomes interesting when the laptop uses face / voice
recognition to validate your identity... Heheh. ( /me puts on his
tinfoil hat ).

So for the laptop to be your identity provider, it needs a FQDN. If
the schoolserver has one by Dynamic DNS, can't it also provide DNS for
the CNAME?

As in say:     sebalaptop1.myschool.myregionsdns.edu...
Being the "myschool" dns subdomain administered by the school server?

If Scott can provider one domain name per laptop, then i really think
this is the most sensible, simple and standard solution.

Let activities deal with OpenID themselves, there are libraries in
python for it.
This also sidesteps all wierd sorcery regarding communicating with browse.

Sebastian

2008/12/2 Benjamin M. Schwartz <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu>:

--
Sebastian Silva