[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:46:48 EST 2008

Thanks for your opening email - one quick comment...

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's one example. I would also like any Web server to be able to extract
> the XO identity and use it in CGI (e.g. PHP) for processing.

the plan for that is that

1 - the special authentication scheme we come up with is exclusively
between Browse.xo and the XS -- based on a preexisting relationship
(registration!)

2 - other standard webapps can recognise the identity of the XO via
OpenID, a scheme whereby the XS says "yes, that XO is Greg as it
claims to be". An openID "identity provider" acts a bit as a country
issuing a passport.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions