[sugar] commanding the movement of things on the screen

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Aug 21 15:22:42 EDT 2008

This might have a bearing on the "jumpy cursor".

I use an external USB trackball, and do most of my work in Terminal.
On numerous occasions, when I have moved the cursor to a scrollbar
location above the slider, and have left-button clicked ONCE (to
scroll up one screen's worth) -- the XO has spontaneously scrolled
up many many screen's worth.

The best explanation I can come up with is that instead of
"interpreting" a _single_ button-click command, the XO behaved as
though a whole _series_ of such commands had been presented.
[I have no reason to believe that the trackball is at fault.]

If this guess of mine were correct, that might explain "overshoot"
of a cursor movement - instead of acting on a _single_ cursor
movement as input by the user, the XO might behave as though it was
presented with a whole _series_ of movement inputs.

mikus