[sugar] The importance of having predictable release schedules for stable branches

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:49:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Now that Sugar 0.82 is out, we might want to have a published release
schedule for the 0.82 branch (as we have for the devel branch). This
means that we can point at a fixed date to say when a bug fix slated
to be integrated in, for example, 0.82.1 is going to be available to
the general public. It also makes life easier for the translators, as
we have quite a few teams who are giving more priority to the 0.82
branch right now.
GNOME follows a similar system: eg. http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentythree

Cheers,
Sayamindu