[sugar] [support-gang] Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2301!

Ixo X oxI ixo at myna.ws
Sun Aug 17 18:43:36 EDT 2008

My adventures in upgrading from 2269 to 2301.

* olpc-update joyride-2301
  No problems.. very fast to update.

* Sugar / Control panel / 'Software Update' still doesn't work for me.
   (Never has,I have /home/olpc/Activities directory with 18 activities, no
activity packs)
   I suspect hanging on one of the activities, I'll 'divide and conquer' to
determine which
   one.

* When doing a 'shutdown', received the following error.

  Stopping cerebro -p -i msh0 &:          [FAILED]
    (a bunch of stuff [OK] )
  Kill cerebro(pgid 1726) ? (Y/N)           [FAILED]

  Typed 'y' and nothing happened, had to do a 'hard reset' via button.

* Bootup time much better ! :)

-iXo