[sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2263!

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 01:15:33 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

Preparing for a "smoketest" event I'm organising tomorrow, I am doing
a copy-nand install on 5 XOs I have here, and want to have a
consistent set of activities.

What activities do you want this tested with? For starters, I will
install get the G1G1 activity pack, are those too old? Does it get
regenerated with newer activities?

I did a quick test with xo-get.py to see if it was a handy way of
getting a set of activities installed but it is not, because

 - the base img doesn't have Terminal, and xo-get doesn't like to run on a VT
 - there's no easy cli way to install many activities ("xo-get
--force-yes pack-g1g1")

is there a better / handier way?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com