[sugar] letting the user specify the mesh channel

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Aug 7 11:45:09 EDT 2008

> See http://dev.laptop.org/~mdengler/6995/6995_screenshot_45.png
> for an example of how I currently have it looking.

Thank you.

Currently, I use the presence of a 'Disconnect' entry in the palette
as a "mnemonic device" to indicate to me that a connection currently
exists.  Would be nice to keep that.

mikus

p.s.  For laughs:   Now that you are *explicitly* showing channel
numbers -- I have a friend whose home AP is on channel 9.  At his
house, I manually use 'iwconfig' to set my XO's radio to channel 9,
to be able to connect to his AP.  I haven't tried setting multiple
XOs to channel 9 when there is no AP -- but if "mesh" were
configured to run that way, would your palette show that?   ;>)