[sugar] Random observations with joyride-2225 and latest activities

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:25:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 03:05:18PM -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 09:32 +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>>
>>> a) Record: using v56 the activity starts up fine, the display shows
>>> whatever the camera is capturing, I can go into fullscreen-mode,
>>> switch to different tabs, etc. However once I press the
>>> "capture"-button the whole thing basically freezes, sometimes I was
>>> still able to move the mouse but clicking wouldn't have any impact, at
>>> other times Sugar completely froze and I had to do a hard reset of the
>>> XO.
>>>

>> Your save-nand image loaded onto my XO just fine, but Record worked
>> fine. Must be something hardware related. very odd.
>>

> It could also be hardware independent but non-deterministic. Or
> deterministic but triggered under input that you didn't give.
>
> Michael

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for all the feedback.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to submit any tickets about the issues I
encountered as I've been busy with getting ready for flying back across the
pond. This has been somewhat painful due to by my flight being canceled
today thanks to strikes at Lufthansa. (Oh the fun of last-minute
re-booking....)

Anyway, I hope to be back on speed by Tuesday or something and will submit
the respective tickets then.

Best regards,
Christoph

--