[sugar] Collaboration in an activity

Urko Fernandez tturktime at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:55:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

Before I start coding any collaboration implementation for my activity,
I would like to know which approach is best for what I'm willing to do.
In my scenario, if a user joins an activity for the first time, she
downloads the file, which in my case is an SQLite database. Next time,
she would ask for new content to fill/merge her database, so I was
thinking about sending query results.
For sending files I've seen that stream tubes are used in Read activity,
and many examples use D-Bus tubes (Write, Web, Connect...) for sending
python objects. Can I send binary files using D-Bus tubes? Is it
possible to send any python object through dbus? I could send the
database in some more complex python data type.

Best regards,

Urko.