[sugar] replace/normalize some keyboard shortcuts

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Apr 29 17:17:55 EDT 2008

> I don't expect kids to have more than half a dozen or so activities
> running at once.  Cycling around wouldn't be the end of the world.

[I have not yet found an acceptable multi-screen replacement for
Terminal.]  Given the small OLPC screen, what I do is start two
instances of Terminal - then use one to "read" information (i.e.,
for 'reference') and the other to "write" what I'm working on (i.e.,
for 'output').  This usually involves a lot of navigating back and
forth between these two Terminal instances.  "Cycling around" seems
very cumbersome (and it actually is time-consuming).  Maybe one of
these years I'll write some scripts to 'select' each instance, then
attach them to keyboard keys.  That should give me good "operator
performance" - a single keypress and I get to a specific instance.

mikus   (G1G1)