[sugar] perceived sugar performance

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 07:34:59 EDT 2008

I don't mean to discount personal experiences and anything we
collectively do to improve the experience is a plus. But your two
examples are a wonderful case in point. Resume from Journal is too
slow and doesn't provide feedback and it does seem to deter use of the
Journal as a way to revisit old work. (Also--being addressed in the
refactoring of Sugar--is the current mismatch between how easy it is
to launch a new instance than to resume an old instance.) On the other
hand, I've never seen in the field any issue with how long it takes to
shutdown the machine. It is annoying, yes, but it doesn't have much
impact on how the kids use the laptops. But I look forward to more
feedback and ideas from developers, teachers, and kids.

thanks.

-walter