[sugar] Status of Sugar in Ubuntu 8.04

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 29 04:41:59 EDT 2008

> RE abiword:  The packages that will become official are currently at
> https://launchpad.net/~abiryan/+archive and will officially be at
> https://launchpad.net/~abiword-stable/+archive where I have 2.6 packages
> from Dapper through Gutsy too.  I'd prefer not to have two different
> versions floating around - if you could take a look at my packages and
> see if they are missing anything for your use, that would be great, let
> me know.  (I've been told on IRC in #ubuntu-devel we should be able to
> get it in for 8.04.1)

I have commented on the abiword 2.6 tracker bug in Ubuntu earlier today
asking about the python bingings.

> (I see you seem to only have lib-abiword packages - unfortunately I
> don't have time right now to take a closer look.)

You are right, I packaged only what I needed for sugar based on abiword
2.5.2 and later a svn snapshot. So the lib and the python binding. Not
even the collab plugin is included but it is enough to use the write
activity without collab and the MaMaMedia games.

> I would also like to take a look at your pyabiword packages in the next
> month and see if we can get them standardized and such.

thanks

Jani