[sugar] sugar's amorphousness

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Apr 24 04:31:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

as the paragraph below is being repeated and translated in newspapers
all around the world, and Nicholas has started sharing his opinions
with the community, I would like to ask a clarification about what he
really meant with this and how we could address those concerns.

He lamented that an overriding insistence on open-source had hampered
the XOs, saying Sugar "grew amorphously" and "didn't have a software
architect who did it in a crisp way." For instance, the laptops do not
support Flash animation, widely used on the Web.