[sugar] [Server-devel] sugar roadmap

Benj. Mako Hill mako at mit.edu
Tue Apr 15 21:29:09 EDT 2008

<quote who="Walter Bender" date="Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:15:24PM -0400">
> Adding Mako to the thread, as I recall he is a big ion fan as well.

Absolutely.

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
> >
> > <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >
> > >  | Anyhow, speaking as someone who has only very recently gotten involved
> >  >  | with the project, I can say that the Sugar interface was one of the
> >  >  | most appealing things to me. I'm sure there are other  potential
> >  >  | contributors out there who would be attracted for the same reasons.
> >  >
> >  >  Me too.  The project was vaguely interesting until I ran Sugar in Qemu, at
> >  >  which point it became compelling.
> >
> >  Personally, I have been dreaming of a mix between ion3 and Sugar's
> >  4-zoom-stages. Talking with some hard-core ion3 friends, they seemed
> >  to be convinced that it was doable as a special configuration, binding
> >  the F1-F3 keys to full screen apps, and having a nested X in F4.

Yes. This would be pretty simple. I'd be happy to help someone hack
this up. Ion3 is extensible in Lua and a little bit of Lua will get
tihs up and running pretty quickly.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at mit.edu
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto