[sugar] Wordsmith ( Scrabble ) :GSoC application

Aditya Vishwakarma adi.vishwakarma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 14:54:19 EDT 2008

"Charles Cossé" <ccosse at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might be interested to  look at TuxWordSmith.  It's a python code
> which plays scrabble in over 40 languages and was recently mentioned on this
> list.

TuxWordSmith would be awesome. I have downloaded the source code and would
review it out. I hope it is easily extendable to the project goals i have in
my mind.
I hope you would allow me to use your code as a base for the project.

btw: It's intresting to note , we both came up with the same name:
Wordsmith. :)

Frank Ch. Eigler <fche at redhat.com> wrote:

> Beware recent trademark/copyright enforcement efforts by the owners of
> the game name/concept.  (google hasbro scrabble facebook).

I totally understand that issue and have written about it in the gsoc
application page too. I would build upon the differentiations that have been
used by TuxWordSmith in order to differentiate the game from the original.

RABINOVITCH Peter <Peter.Rabinovitch at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> I think this'd be great!
> I have an 11 yr old autistic daughter, and we did a give-1-get-1 for her
> and now we're always on the lookout for games on the XO that will help her
> communication skills - and I think she'd enjoy your game.
>
> As I read it, I thought about all the features I'd like, in order to make
> it of most use to her, and after looking at your wiki page, I see that you
> have them all and more.
>
> Good work, & good luck!

Thank you so much for the warm feedback! Its nice to know you like my idea.
:)

Aditya