[sugar] [Olpc-open] [Grassroots-l] Update on XOs in Uruguay

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Apr 4 05:52:02 EDT 2008

Hi Bryan,

thank you very much for your feedback. We're not getting yet from the
field as much as we would want to, so I would like to have more
details about your expereinces:

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Here are my top requirements based on 4 days of teacher training. They
>  may change when we start the actual pilot on April 13th
>
>  1. Need graphical way to add and remove activities, something like
>  Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu

Clicking on a link in a web page is not good enough? What else is needed?

>  2. Need graphical way to change nickname and Jabber server. Those are
>  two local values that I expect to change most frequently

Yes, Simon has been working on the graphical control panel and that's
expected to land in Update.2. We'd like to be able to give a preview
in the following weeks.

>  Less urgent:
>
>  1. We need awesome English games that are competitive.

Just curious, what do you mean by competitive? And you mean
educational games for learning English?

>  2. we need to make it easier to archive and share pictures. We had
>  trouble sharing pictures during the teacher training.

Can you detail your troubles? Do you have any suggestion about how to
improve on this?

Thanks,

Tomeu