[sugar] Resuming by default

Eduardo H Silva hoboprimate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:39:00 EDT 2007

2007/10/24, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com>:

> Eduardo H Silva writes:
>
> > Yesterday I had this idea: What about providing a secondary palette
> > for the activity launchers in the frame, that show some number of
> > its most recent activities, simillar to how the back button works
> > in Browse? And a primary option to show the journal filtered by
> > that activity would still be there.
>
> This could be OK. I could see it looking like this:
>
> More...
> oldest thing of three
> some middle item
> the very latest item
> [start fresh]

I was thinking more like:

 oldest item of the list
 older item
 recent item
 most recent item
 Most recent...
 Start New Write (or some other wording which makes sense in all languages,
so that the default `tooltip` shows both the activity name and that it will
create a new instance (Write from Start?)]

Right after the default action, I would place the Most recent... option so
as to give it more visibility and be quick to choose, and not be subject to
move around on the option list between activities which have more and less
entries.

Eduardo

Where "[start fresh]" is a click on the icon itself,